Sunday, 19 November 2017

Edinburgh, Scotland (6 Glencairn Crescent) 

After breakfast I added more Earliest Memories stories. The break from writing these stories was helpful. Sometimes difficult to write these stories. So many memories to write about and not sure at times what to include. Some interesting revelations have come up for me as well and have included those remarks in the stories. I will add pictures to some of the stories later.

At 2:00, I started to walk to the National Museum of Scotland to meet up with some of the InterNations group for a tour of the museum, with an emphasis on the alliance between Scotland and France. We met a volunteer historian who, in amazing detail, showed us pieces from the museum that helped tell the story about this alliance, which was mainly to keep England in check by combining resources and occasionally a few marriages between the two royal families. I also took pictures of some of the other exhibits in the museum.

Main Exhibition Hall

James Watt Exhibit (Inventor from Scotland)

Ceiling from House (With Story Pictures)

From the museum, I walked towards Princes Street and took a picture of the Christmas Festival as seen from the Mound. Many people were out on the streets and it took a while to make my way through them to reacht M&S where I needed a couple more ingredients for my Skinny Lasagna Soup.

On my way back to the flat the fireworks started. I guess that is why so many people were walking around. Waiting for the fireworks to start.

I took a brief nap before starting dinner. The soup turned out good as usual. You would think by now I’d get tired of making and eating this soup. Good thing, because I’ll be eating it for the next couple of days.

Worked more on my memories in the evening and before long it was 11:00. I watched a little TV before going to bed.

I woke at 3:30 a.m. and soon received a text from a friend in Portland. After a few texts back and forth I suggested talking via Messenger. She was up for it and we ended up talking for over an hour. By 4:30 a.m. I was ready for more sleep.

More work on Earliest Memories stories tomorrow. Not much else planned.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *